Author: Consumer Instinct
As children, we would get thrilled with excitement as Father’s Day rounded the corner. From unplanned parties to messed-up dishes, we tried doing everything to make the day special for our dads. Look back on those juvenile days and you will realize how you celebrated only one day as Father’s Day while your dad was celebrating each day with you as Children’s Day. All we mean to say is: On the eve of Father’s Day, feel blessed for having that funny yet warm, strict yet amiable dad in your life. So today, CI has made a special list of what can be done on Father’s Day:
1. Dance With Dad: Remember when your dad taught you how to dance to your favourite kindergarten poetry? Those days of fun and laughter are not over yet. So, don’t wait for that one day to take your dad’s loving hand and dance away with him. Put on his much-loved song and dance with him to smiles, laughter and all things nice. Dancing is perhaps the best form of celebration; so release all inhibitions and celebrate fatherhood! Don’t forget to give the camera to your mom
2. Trip to Orphanage: It is only when we see kids without parents that we realise how lucky we are to have our mom and dad with us. This Father’s Day, take your dad to an orphanage and celebrate the day with other unfortunate kids. Share your dad with them and let them experience his never-ending love. And you won’t even know when your dad realises his little child has grown up.
3. Cook him his favourite dish: If you enjoy cooking, then this is the thing to do on Father’s Day. Prepare a menu of all his favourite dishes and present it to him. Whatever he wishes to it is your cooking project for the day. Instead of taking your dad out on dinner, pamper him on home-made food specially cooked by you. And even if you turn out to be a bad cook, it doesn’t matter. Your dad won’t mind, because it is the love he’ll take in.
4. Decision to not fight with Dad: Generally all of us have fights with our dad’s on very petty things. So why not make this day special for him by not deciding to not fight with him on this particular day. Not very difficult, is it? I am sure he would miss all those little fights you guys have had, but at the same time he will be welcoming towards this decision of yours
5. Arrange a Karaoke for him: Everyone loves music and have their favourite songs, be it loud, soft, slow, fast, English, Hindi, R&B, Country music, Rock, Metal or Old retro songs; but dad’s never get time to enjoy what they actually like. So why not arrange a karaoke session for our dad’s? Have their favourite songs play and sing along with them. Would definitely be a fun day for him!
6. Adventurous road trip: Atleast once in our lifetime, we all have said to our friends, “My dad is the strongest!” It’s time to make your dad realise this! Get on the road, take a tough, adventurous trip and explore a new place. Your dad has always been the rough and tough guy; take him and the family on a road trip he’ll never forget. Take a picture after every milestone you cross, so that your dad knows you will be there for him during all tough times!
7. Day for Dad: We hardly see our dads at home. They are always so busy and occupied with work that they don’t get time for themselves. So why not do something for him? Let’s ask him to have a day only for himself with work kept aside. Do whatever he loves the most, have family conversations and have a nice day together. That could be one of the best gift dads could ever get!
PS: These ideas are what each of us at Consumer Instinct wish to do for our dads. Share with us what you did for your dad. We’d be more than happy to listen.
Feature Image Credit:
Latest posts by Sipra (see all)
- digital ears: how brands listen in the digital age – November 16, 2012
- Festive bucket list: world’s top festivals – November 8, 2012