One of the most awaited phone, Apple’s next iPhone, which we’re all once again assuming will be called the iPhone 5 is expected to be launched by September 2012 as reported by TrustedReviews.com.
Apple’s secretive ways have not given away much about the look and features for its upcoming phone but the rumor mill expects a move away from glass design and incorporation of a larger screen size after the success of its biggest rival Samsung Galaxy s2 and s3. Some of the iPhone 5 features are:
- Larger screen with 640px width. Display is confirmed to be 4.08-inch which is an increase of 0.5-inch from iPhone 4S.
- New retina-2 display.
- New 19-pin mini connector dock instead of the usual 30-pin port.
- Confirmed to be thinner and lighter than the current iPhone 4GS.
- A6 quad-core chip running on iOS6.
- NFC is also expected, to enable contactless retail payments.
- Pure and interesting rumor is that the iPhone 5 will be fitted with an ultra-thin Sony sensor, resulting in one of the best phone cameras out there, while allowing the phone to be thinner.
- Also some of the sites claim that Siri will be a more serious proposition this time and take on the role of your personal PA, with the ability to book tickets and restaurants for you.
Many consumers believe that rumors never come out to be true for Apple products, but this doesn’t stop the die-hard Apple fans from making the upcoming iPhone the most awaited gadget. So is it worth the wait? Let’s have a clearer look at what we can really expect from iPhone 5 believing some of the rumors and partial product releases by Apple.
iPhone 5 Design:
Most of the consumers were disappointed with no-change in design when iPhone 4S rolled out. Apple cannot afford to disappoint them yet again, especially after the success of Samsung Galaxy phones. Consumer demand is now inclined towards a bigger screen and a sleek-slim design, hence we expect iPhone 5 to be a 4-inch phone which is extremely slim (thickness around iPod touch size). The glass front of iPhone 4S has many disadvantages and thus we expect that to be changed too. It will sport a smaller dock connector (all the old accessories will be obsolete), larger speakers and a bottom mounted headphone jack. Let’s check out few of the iPhone 5 rumored designs:
The “iPhone 5 test unit” alongside an iPhone 4S:
iPhone 5 Camera:
Many consumers are still disappointed with the 8 mp camera offered by iPhone 4S compared to 12 mp camera offered by Sony Xperia, Nokia phones. Also Samsung s3 and galaxy Note2 edges over Apple products in camera battles. Better camera with a good sensor and lots of other features is the consumers demand and we hope iPhone 5 won’t disappoint us.
iPhone 5 Battery and Processor:
Battery certainly needs an improvement. iPhone 5 is expected to roll out 1550 mH battery which should last for entire day under normal use against a poor show by iPhone 4S battery.
After the launch of Apple’s new A5x quad-core processor with the ‘’new iPad’’, we expected similar quad-core processor which will power the Retina 2.0 display and iOS 6.0. iPhone 4S already has a huge powerful graphics chip that out-powers most current and upcoming Android handsets and shall be the only untouched feature in iPhone 5.
12th September, 2012 seems a favorite for an iPhone 5 launch along with iPad mini release. It seems reasonably unlikely that Apple will delay it further, though, as too many iPhone 4 users that are bypassing the iPhone 4S may start to lose patience.
Apple is going to start taking iPhone 5 pre-orders on the launch date i.e September 12 and shipments of the device would begin just 9 days later, on September 21 as reported by TheMobiMag. It’s rumored that some retailers in China have already started taking iPhone 5 pre-orders. Some sellers at Malls in China are asking for a deposit of 1000 yuan for pre-orders while some are asking for a complete pre-payment of 6999 yuan for getting the first-priority of the iPhone 5 ownership in China. One of the sellers at TaoBao Marketplace said that he already had taken 24 pre-orders for iPhone 5 in about a week’s time!
In either case, we hope Apple doesn’t disappoint its fans and proud consumers get their hands-on the iPhone 5 this fall.
Latest posts by Krunal (see all)
- Online Radio Station grabbing more listeners, giving more music choices - August 18, 2012
- Real money replaces virtual chips, raises stakes in Online Gambling - August 18, 2012