Author: Kendall Wegener,
Being a foreigner (in the US) I have no previous experience with Comcast, so no inherent bias or brand loyalties. Therefore, I would consider my persepctive quite a neutral, objective one. They had every opportunity to win me over, but boy they did quite the opposite!!
It all started when I returned home to find no internet or cable. I am staying in a house of 29 girls, so this was obviously quite traumatic for a Thursday night! After having no success fiddling with a few cords, I realized I’d have to make a call. “Oh, be prepared to wait a while”, a roommate warned. I sort of brushed that one off, and proceeded thinking it would only be a short while until I was infront of the TV ready and excited for The Vampire Diaries.
Here is what happens next:
- The phone rings, and of course it had to be one of those all annoying voice recognition systems. Yes, No, Yes, West Lafayette, Internet. You know how it goes.
- After jumping through those hoops, I was told there would be a 13 minute wait! Are you kidding? I guess they weren’t. So I sat and waited.
- 15 minutes passed by, and I began feeling quite frustrated, especially listening to that awful elevator music. I pushed through, and after 16 minutes I finally got my chance to speak to a human. Lucky me.
- The identification questions began, and I failed most of them, having only stayed in the house for 10 months (for specific questions). With the help of my other roomates I got through the questions on the second attempt.
- Having earnt the right to now be helped, we described the problem. “There is no internet or cable”. “Yes, we did turn the power off and restart the system”. Please, just help!
- Turns out we were on the business billing system, not the residential, so to seek any further help we had to hang up and call a different number. I couldn’t believe it. “Can you not just transfer us through?” “No, you’ll have to call that number and talk to a different representative, and their hours of operation are 9 through 5″.
- That’s whats we call Excellent Customer Service = Comcast S*** Service!!
An effortless Google search reveals that we are not Comcast’s only unsatisfied customers. In fact, on their own website there are testimonials of awful service. Check out this link. Someone has gone as far to create a website: , which even features two Comcast must die songs!or this
Some people in Comcast’s Marketing, PR and Customer Service divisions seem to have a lot to answers to give. Will we see an improvement in customer service? I’d estimate that it probably won’t change much in Indiana, US, since they seem to hold quite a monopoly! However, hope is all we have!!
Well I guess we all know who the winner is: Customer 0 – Comcast 1!! You have any suggestions?
Latest posts by Teddy (see all)
- No Venus or Mars, just a different operating systems – Women are like Apple and Men are like Android – October 26, 2012
- Top 10 Banned Print Ads – October 8, 2012